Benefits of Membership:
Whether you are new to ADR or have some prior experience or knowledge, find the right route to membership in LACIAC that would aid your knowledge in ADR.
Student membership is completely free and open to anyone currently studying at a university or other higher education institute. Our student members who join LACIAC will automatically benefit from:
- Internship opportunities
- Information on student arbitration competitions
- Access to LACIAC resources for Academic research
- Platform to connect with other Law students across the globe
- Mentorship opportunities by renowned arbitrators.
Professionals and Corporate Organisations
LACIAC membership affords opportunities to individuals and corporate organisations from all backgrounds who have an interest in alternative dispute resolution to advance their professional and career objectives. Our membership benefits include:
- Opportunities to promote your arbitration and ADR practice by actively engaging in LACIAC’s Technical Committees which operate in several sectors and/or Regional Forums.
- Access to free or discounted registration rates across LACIAC’s training and conferences, including flagship events such as the Dispute Management in Africa Infrastructure Projects (DiMAP) and free access to training modules offered by Africa Energy Arbitrators’ Forum (AEA). In the case of corporate members, the free access and/or discounted rates will only apply to two members of the organization.
- Access to LACIAC’s quarterly e-newsletter and access to archived copies of the newsletter. The e-newsletter contains reports on newsworthy arbitration cases and developments, as well as interesting articles on arbitration practice locally and internationally. In addition to the e-newsletter, members would be occasionally provided with updates relating to the dispute resolution industry.
- Opportunities to publish articles authored by members on LACIAC’s social media platform and in the e-newsletter.
- Networking: Access to an international network of arbitrators and arbitration practitioners.
- Membership Directory: membership directory which lists contact details of all members. The directory will be shared with all members at no charge and will be updated bi-annually.