We are pleased to invite you to register for a two-day FIDIC Contracts Training Course on The Practical use of the 1999 FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction (Red Book) and Plant and Design-Build (Yellow Book) with review of 2017 updates of the Red and Yellow Books. The training is a collaborative effort of LACIAC and the Association For Consulting Engineering in Nigeria (ACEN), a FIDIC member organization. The training will hold on 17th & 18th July, 2019.
This training will be a practical and interactive course that explains and illustrates the use of the Red and Yellow Books. It will address topics such as:
– Contract documents
– Responsibilities of main parties
– Management of projects
– Tests on completion
– Financial procedures
– Suspension and termination
– Risk, liability and force majeure
– Claims, disputes and arbitration
The training is designed for contract administrators, project managers, engineers and legal advisers in:
– Oil and Gas Exploration & Production companies which engage Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractors in E&P projects;
– EPC, BOT and other PPP Concession companies
– Government agencies having ownership or oversight of infrastructure projects
– Development Banks
It is also useful for professionals involved in construction and infrastructure projects, including architects, quantity surveyors, arbitrators, adjudicators, mediators and construction law firms. The facilitator will be Mr. Husni Madi, a Civil Engineer, Arbitrator & Adjudicator and FIDIC international accredited trainer who also functioned as a friendly reviewer of the FIDIC 2017 suite of contracts.