A training programme intended for young/mid-level practitioners (law school graduates, first to third year associates, etc) and other persons who wish to explore a career in dispute resolution with a focus on energy transactions.
Courses at this level are presented using a practical approach based on case studies, and will include: (a) an overview of substantive energy law principles and energy transactions, (b) an overview of dispute resolution mechanisms in the context of energy disputes and (c) pathways to a career in energy arbitration.
The AEA, in collaboration with leading international and African law firms, will launch its inaugural Preliminary Module in September 2021. The Preliminary Module is a virtual international training that will feature experienced practitioners within the energy sector from within and outside Africa. Dispute resolution practitioners who participate in the AEA preliminary module will enjoy:
- Practical training in energy disputes management and resolution with case studies.
- Career guidance by leading experts in energy disputes resolution.
- The opportunity to participate in a competition with a chance to win sponsored internships with international law firms.
- High performers in the AEA Preliminary Module competition will be recognised in LACIAC’s list of energy disputes experts.
- Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation.
The inaugural AEA Preliminary Module is available to LACIAC Members as follows:
Individual/Professionals – Free
Corporate Member – Free for up to two delegates and 50% off any additional delegate